Wednesday 30 September 2015

New beginnings

After some deliberation - I've finally decided to join the commercial world. Opening a restaurant now or diving full fledged into business might not be advisable given the current market condition. Commercial will give me the job and financial security that I have enjoyed all these years.

Its different here. The team functions like a family and everyone including the CEO treats each other like an equal; like family. This is no small 2 dollar company mind you. This is a large multinational with consolidated revenues running into 10 digits! It feels like what it was when I first joined PwC - minus all the redtape and nonsensical policies. So far - everyone's been real friendly and supportive. I should have joined the commercial world sooner if I knew it was going to be like this.

Though only have had a sneak peek of life in the commercial world thus far - I can see more pros than cons. Maybe I'm just lucky to have found this place.

Sure, the resources are a lil bit different and certain systems / databases are a bit more old school here but one thing's for sure, this team invest in its people. Better benefits by a mile and better pantry / coffee facilities (LOL).  The people here have made me feel like one of them oh so quickly. Which I think is very important to ensure job satisfaction. More importantly - it was the main thing lacking when I was still in public practice. Lucky or not - I'm grateful for this opportunity. I will always hold PwC dear to me, but this is what I want and thank God I have it!


No comments: